Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Update and Rant...

I talked with my friend S. this morning. She had her baby boy yesterday around 8:30 pm. He has been in the nursery all night because he is having a hard time breathing. I would venture to guess its because they induced her and the baby is early! It makes me so angry to think that this baby would have been able to stay with his mother and breastfeed (he has only had formula so far) if the asshole O.B. hadn't insisted on inducing my friend for no reason whatsoever! He was only 6 lb. 10 oz. and I think letting S. go until she was ready to have this baby would have made at least a pound difference in his weight and a lot more maturation of his lungs. It is just so sad, the bonding she is missing out on and the effect that may have on her breastfeeding. They didn't even have her pump throughout the night! I just feel like writing a string of profanity... Instead I will update after I go see her today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Student of Birth