Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Day Off...

Well, sorta. I volunteered to go in and help out because two multips were coming in and the midwife thought they may have their babies at the same time. She wanted some extra help and me being the nice person (sucker) that I am, I volunteered. So much for a day off.

This was a rough birth. I don't know exactly why, but it was just rough on this mama. I felt bad for her, she looked shell-shocked afterwards. I think it was really a combo of things-- a lip that came down with a posterior, big, baby. That makes for a really hard pushing stage. We tried quite a few different positions in the tub, in the bed, squatting on the floor while holding the lip back finally did the trick. Luckily this worked as this mom was talking of giving up, of going to the hospital regardless of how much support and encouragement we were giving her.

Immediately after the baby was born mom said "I am never doing this again." I've heard other moms say this, but this time I actually believed it.

On a side note, I am absolutely dying to have a baby. Even if my birth was just as difficult or long or whatever. I am so tired of watching others experience what I am longing to experience. I feel like I have no idea when this will happen for me-- I feel like I have no idea how I'm going to ever get my boyfriend to agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Student of Birth